Saturday, February 12, 2011

In the Midst of Luxury by Een

In the midst of luxury,
I bought a blackberry,
Staring at the screen I wonder,
Is this necessary?


I look to the left, I look to the right,
All I see is shimmering light,
From my mansion all night,
Shining so bright.


I step into my Lamborghini,
With my Ray-Bans on,
Looking so fine in my new chiffon,
With my boyfriend named John.


I blissfully swap my credit card,
Trying to fill felicity in my heart,
The joy of carrying around Gucci,
Makes me oh-so-happy. 


As I walk down the road,
I see penniless beggars, begging for food,
With tears in their eyes I felt a shock in my chest,
I'm never aware of how lucky I am,
To be living the life of luxury.


Chaperons, limousine, shopping for expensive things,
I'm no princess i'm no queen i'm no king,
Now that I realize,
Gold & diamond rings, all of these don't mean a thing,
Compared to a plate of chicken wing.

By Nurain Nazuraa Binti Mohd Ghazali

No comments:

Post a Comment